8-10 medium sized figs
2 tablespoons water
1 cup sugar
1. Remove stems from fresh figs, rough chop
2. Combine in a medium sauce pan with water and sugar.
3. Simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved, stirring frequently.
4. Increase heat to medium-high and boil for 8 minutes; until thick.
5. Transfer to a 1-pint jar and refrigerate; keeps for up to 6 weeks.
1. Spread 2 heaping tablespoons of jam on a slice or hearty bread
2. Top with 3-4 slices of Prosciutto and a small handful of arugula.
3. Spread other slice of bread with goat cheese
4. Top press and grill