Kael Compton won best of show at the Benton County Fair with this cheesecake recipe. It’s easy to add toppings to change up the flavors: fresh fruits or preserves, crushed candy bars, chocolate shavings, crystallized ginger and more. Get creative!
Suggested wine pairing: Compton Pinot Gris – The richness of cheesecake is complemented by the hints of lemon, pear, peach and honey found in our Pinot Gris.
- 1 ½ cups of crushed graham crackers (Crush in Food processor)
- 4 tbsp of sugar
- ⅓ cup of melted butter
- Add sugar to the crushed crackers, mix in the butter press into the sides and bottom of your springform pan
- 3 (8oz) packages of cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup of sugar
- 4 eggs separated
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- Preheat oven 325
- Use electric mixer to blend well the cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks, lemon juice, vanilla
- Beat Egg Whites & Fold in the egg whites
- Gently spoon the filling in the form pan
- Bake at 325 F degrees for 40 minutes
- Leave in the over for an additional hour with the oven turned off. This is an important step to keep the cheesecake from cracking.
- Move the cheesecake to the freezer for 6 hours, let defrost before serving.