A much simpler take on a classic laminated Puff pastry from Hiatt Farm. This is a tried and true fool-proof recipe. Add your choice of filling and pair with your favorite Compton wine.
- 1.25 cup cold unsalted butter
- .5 cup ice-cold water
- ¾ tsp salt
- 2 cup AP Flour
- In a food processor combine flour salt and half of diced butter. Pulse until butter is broken into pea sized pieces. Add remaining butter a couple pieces at a time, pulsing in between until just combined.
- Begin adding water, pulse as incorporating until dough comes together (no more than 5-6 pulses in processor)
- Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and roll out into a 12×18 rectangle. Fold dough in thirds (letter fold) wrap in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Bring dough back out onto a floured surface and roll out to a 12×18 rectangle again, fold back into thirds. Wrap dough up again and chill for at least 1-1.5 hours.
- Once you have chilled your dough and prepared your filling, roll the dough out to about an eighth-inch thickness and cut with a sharp knife into desired sizes.
- Fill with your choice of ingredients and bake at 375 degrees F for about 20 minutes.