Recipe by Cheri Galvin
- Serves 20
- Preparation and cook time: 3 hours
1. Place chipped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
2. Heat heavy cream in a small saucepan just to the boiling point & pour over chocolate.
3. Let sit for a few minutes & then whisk until smooth. If you still have lumps, quickly bring 1-inch of water to a simmer in a saucepan & place the bowl with the chocolate in it over it (don’t let the bowl touch the water or you will scorch the chocolate).
4. Whisk until smooth.
5. Whisk in vanilla and salt.
6. Refrigerate for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
7. With a scoop measure out and roll into small balls, place on parchment and place back in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until firm. Take out and roll in your favorite topping(s).
8. Store for up to one month in refrigerator.
Pinot Noir 2016
92 rating Prince of Pinot
90 rating Wine Enthusiast Magazine
Sourced from multiple vineyards averaging 35 years of age and all dry-farmed located in the southern coastal foothills of the Willamette Valley. Clones are mostly Pommard, Wädenswil and Dijon 115 planted in marine alluvial and sedimentary soils that typically show darker fruits, earth tones and heavier and chewier tannins.. Aged 18 months in French oak barrels. · Moderately light ruby red color in the glass. Subdued, but pleasant aromas of cherry, spice cake and fertile earth. Exuberant cherry dominates the fruit profile in a middleweight style with gracious tannins, cohesive acidity, and a cherry-drenched finish. Score: 92